COVID-19 Update (5/26/2020):
Veterinarians are considered an essential service
needed to ensure the health of animals and the community, so
we currently remain open for our regular business hours,
even with the Shelter-in-Place order for Sacramento/California.
1) No one on our staff has tested positive for COVID-19 nor do they personally know anyone who has. Currently none of our staff has any signs of illness/sickness. Outside of coming to work, we are all self-quarantining and sheltering in place to limit our contact & exposure.
2) We ask that if our clients are sick at all, they reschedule their appointment or ask someone else who is not sick to bring their pet to its appointment.
3) Since we are a hospital, we already use medical-grade disinfectants, which kill the coronavirus, to clean our office. And, because our patients tend to be hairy & dirty, we clean often throughout the day.
4) We are cleaning all areas of our office, multiple times a day, more than usual.
5) As of 3/21/2020, we are asking clients to wait outside in their cars while we care for their pets in the office, to help ensure the safety of our staff and neighbors. Our staff will come out to you to get your pet checked-in and checked-out, and you'll still be able to talk to our staff and Dr. Kittel over the phone to make sure all your concerns and questions are addressed. **Please feel free to park in the shade anywhere in our parking lot; you do not have to be directly in front of our office.**
6) We continue to offer drop-off appointments as our kennel space allows.
7) We continue to offer the same services and great quality of care you're used to getting from us, just in a different way while the Shelter-in-Place order is in effect.
8) If you need to pick up food or medication, call us from your car and our staff will come out to you so you don't have to come in the office.
9) We continue to use our online pharmacy, VetSource, to offer home delivery of your pet's food, supplies, and medications.
We would like to remind everyone that currently it is not believed that pets are passing COVID-19 to other animals or to their owners.
Things are changing on a daily basis, with new information coming out on COVID-19 each day. We'll do our best to stay on top of how COVID-19 will effect our staff, clients, and patients, and we'll make changes to how we provide service accordingly.
For Emergencies, please call Vista Vet Specialists at 916-231-4445. They are open 24/7 and we refer all our patients there when we are closed after-hours or on holidays.
We offer Laser Therapy!
We're excited to offer our clients Companion Laser Therapy. Laser therapy provides a non-
invasive, pain-free, surgery-free, and drug-free treatment option for pets that suffer from a variety of conditions. Laser therapy can be performed in conjunction with existing treatment plans or all on its own. Whether your pet is rehabilitating from trauma or injury, healing from wounds or surgery, or simply suffering from the pains and effects of aging, your pet can benefit from Laser therapy. Please call our office today to see if Laser therapy would be appropriate for your pet.
We Offer Honeybee Veterinary Services
In 2017 the FDA federally mandated that hobbyist and commercial beekeepers would no longer be able to purchase antimicrobials over the counter. The mandate was part of the FDA’s reform on the way antimicrobials are used in food-producing animals. Honeybees are the only insect listed as a food-producing animal, so now bee-keepers need a veterinarian to manage the health of their hives and prescribe antibiotics.
Local beekeepers are in luck, because Dr. Kittel is a hobbyist apiarist. Familiar with honey bees, and experienced with his own hives, Dr. Kittel can provide expert veterinary care for any beekeeper in need of medical care and/or antibiotics for their hives and bees. Please call our office or send Dr. Kittel an email at email@example.com if you are interested in getting information about our honeybee veterinary care & services.
Pet Portal - ePetHealth
We utilize the ePetHealth Pet Portal & Communication/Reminder system to better communicate with our clients about the care their pets need. The ePetHealth Pet Portal allows our clients to schedule appointments online, view/print out their pet's basic medical records and vaccine due dates, request prescription refills, order food, schedule and/or confirm appointments, and communicate with our staff - all from their own computer or cell phone! We also use this system to send out our client newsletters and promotions/offers. For clients without access to text or email, reminder postcards are still mailed out notifying them when their pets are due for important health care services. Upon logging in to their Pet Portal, clients should take a moment to...
(1) check to make sure their personal and pet information is current and correct, and notify us of any changes that need to be made,
(2) set their communication preferences (clients can choose between text and/or email notifications for specific types of reminders for each pet) and opt-out for text messaging if desired,
(3) upload a picture of their pet that we can then use in the pet's medical record
We invite our clients to please call our office if they have any questions about, or problems with our ePetHealth Pet Portal system.
Awards For KFVP
Business of the Year for 2011 - from The Elk Grove Citizen
Elk Grove Best in Business Award - Neighborhood Pioneer 2012 - from the City of Elk Grove
We would like to thank The Elk Grove Citizen and author Keri Wood, the City of Elk Grove, our clients, and all of the staff at KFVP for helping us to become the best that we can be! We look forward to finding new ways to exceed your expectations and give back to the community!
Pet Health Insurance
We strongly recommend pet insurance for all our patients. If you'd like more information about pet health insurance, give our office a call! While we recommend Trupanion and Embrace, our office accepts all types of pet insurance, and we'll even help you file claims and pre-authorization approvals no matter which pet insurance you have.
At Kittel Family Veterinary Practice Inc., we treat your pets like the valued family members they are.
- Dr. Dan Kittel, DVM
Kittel Family Veterinary Practice Inc.
8153 Elk Grove Blvd Ste 30
Elk Grove, CA 95758